Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
So Fashion Month is well and truly over and I have made no mention here of what shoes and accessories caught my eye... To be honest, I found it much easier to keep up through bursts of Instagram posts or checking Style.com while eating lunch at my desk. I check Isabel Marant for the shoes, Dior for the spectacle and Chanel because the story is so easy to interpret. Climate change, supermarche and protests. Let the set tell the story, not the clothes.
Nowadays, I find myself more interested in the makeup. With the exception of rainbow secretary at Chanel, everything seemed pretty wearable and I thought I would share with you my favourites above.
all images via Style.com
Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
3 - Layla Leather and Rose Gold Headphones by Frends, 4 - Sweets!
Something is in the air and you can tell a lot of people are planning their summer holidays already. So while 2014 has not been my year for travel, I thought I would share with you my selection of in flight essentials, whether it's for a short flight across the Tasman or a 20 hour + crazy long haul flight.
- Hoodie. So here's the thing. Airport chic really works for Victoria Beckham and Jessica Alba in their skinny jeans and heels, but nothing beats an oversized hoodie that doubles as an upper body blanket. Choose comfort over chic and your body will thank you when you arrive at your destination.
- Good Tunes. This one depends on the length of your flight but I would load up all my feel good songs which are currently everything Taylor Swift. Don't judge!
- Sweets. Nerds. That is all.
- A smartly edited beauty kit. It pays to check all the security rules before you go. Also, don't forget to take advantage of duty free to pick up some travel sized goodies and some packs that you may not see in department stores. You can check out the Duty Free Stores website ahead of your departure date and even pre-order.
- A good read. In flight entertainment can only take you so far so my reading pick would be Gone Girl or Her Fearful Symmetry.
- Journal. Somewhere to write all about the wonderful things you have seen, yet to see, some important numbers and reservation details.
- Eyemask and travel pillow. This is definitely non-negotiable for me as I tend to be unlucky when it comes to seating, all.the.friggin.time.
- Sneakers. Like what I said about the hoodie, go for comfort. The Bart Sneakers from Isabel Marant look every inch understated chic and perfect for travelling.
Are you planning a holiday? What are your in flight essentials for short and long haul trips?